Friday, May 12, 2006

An interesting book and other distractions

Now that the show is down and the estate sale is over, I am finding other things to get involved with. An interesting book, to start with -- Landscape and Power edited by W.J.T. Mitchell, a collection of essays considering the relationship between landscape and its cultural/political context. I really enjoyed working on the shower curtain piece and I want to continue to consider related questions. On the home front, I interviewed a holistic gardener today to begin work on the yard. Driveway unfinished, front yard out of control, back yard a blank slate (the polite way of saying it). Still playing around with the storage unit and its contents, too. My goal is to sort things out a bit and get back to a bit of simplicity around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment