Monday, June 07, 2010

June, and showered with shows --


So in the midst of piles of finals and final papers and projects that are coming my way from my students, I am also penciling in a profusion of openings to the exhibitions where my work will be showing this month. First, since I just mentioned Blue Planet and Elements, I can now fill in the details of my own participation -- my installation "Arroyo Seco Watershed and Surrounding Area" was chosen (by juror Kim Abeles) for the exhibition Blue Planet at SOMArts, San Francisco, and I will also be moderating a panel called "What is Eco-art? Past, present and future" during the Elements conference at the David Brower Center in Berkeley. This is the third city where my installation has been shown -- here in Los Angeles, in Chicago, and now in San Francisco. I feel so cosmopolitan! The nice thing is that it helps me rationalize a few travel opportunities that are breaking up the cycle of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment